Keep children well away from fireworks, and never let a child handle or light one.
Do not give sparklers to a child under five.
Make sure that children are aware of the dangers.
Don't drink and light crackers
Drinking alcohol presents an added danger when there are fireworks and bonfires around.
So don't drink during your fireworks display.
Keep your pets indoors
Pets are very sensitive and get very frightened when fireworks explode, so keep all your pets indoor and close all the curtains.
Be careful about your clothing
Avoid wearing synthetic and loose fitting clothes. Loose clothing can very easily catch fire. If clothing does catch fire accidentally, don't panic. Drop to the ground and roll to put out the flames.
Exercise caution while lighting crackers
Try to light the fire crackers in an open space. Never try to re-ignite the fireworks that don't light in the first instance and don't throw fireworks at other people. Also, never try to shoot fireworks from metal or glass containers.
Light them one at a time
Light the crackers one at a time and don't rush. Light the tip of each firework at arm's length, using fireworks lighter or fuse wick. Get back after lightning the cracker. If the cracker doesn't light immediately, don't go near it, it could still be live. Never throw left over fireworks onto a bonfire.
Store fireworks safely
Always store the crackers in a closed box and in a cool place. Make sure you keep it out of reach of children and away from all sources of heat.